Migration assistance, webinars, workshops, sessions, support, and much more are available for you.
Moodle to Canvas Course Migration Assistance Continues; Deadlines & Forms Updated
UMN’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS) is in the final phase of the Moodle to Canvas course migration assistance process is in the final phase of the Moodle to Canvas course migration assistance process.
Please note the following deadlines to ensure courses are returned with enough time for post-migration work prior to course start dates.
Course Migration Deadlines
- Submit course migration requests by Friday, February 8
- Migrated May/Summer courses will be completed and returned by Friday, March 8
Fall 2019 and Beyond
- Submit course migration request by Friday, April 12
- Migrated courses will be completed and returned by Friday, May 10
To request Moodle to Canvas course content migration assistance for May/Spring/Summer/Fall 2019 courses, complete the Course Migration Assistance Form.
Canvas Basics Webinars
Starting to think about moving from Moodle to Canvas? If so, plan to attend this online 90 minute, Canvas Basics informational webinar that includes a review of the Canvas interface, tools and features, course design options, and an introduction to moving content from Moodle to Canvas.
|Tuesday||March 12||12:00 pm - 1:30 pm.||WebEx online meeting||Learn more and Register|
Discover Canvas Workshop Series
The Discover Canvas Workshop Series contains 3 workshops. These standalone workshops can be taken in any order. However, we recommend learners new to Canvas take the series in the following order:
- Canvas: Make Design & Navigation Decisions (Discover Canvas Series)
- Canvas: Create Content & Assessments (Discover Canvas Series)
- Canvas: Assess Student Progress (Discover Canvas Series)
Learn more and register for the upcoming May 20 session.
UMD Teach with Canvas Sessions
Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS) and UMD ITSS is again offering the Teaching with Canvas workshop on the UMD campus in May, 2019.
In this course, participants explore principles and practices for creating a student-centered and sustainable course site with Canvas. Participants will have the opportunity to work with their own course material or with sample course sites during activities in this hands-on workshop.
Dates and times will be announced.
Related Resources and Information
Spring Educational Technology Fall Drop-In Sessions
Regular weekly Drop-in Session schedule begins Tuesday, January 22 and run through Thursday, May 2. Drop by Kirby Plaza 175 with questions or bring a laptop/mobile device to work on your courses. Sessions are free and no registration is required.
|Monday||3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
- Moodle (version 3.2) is still available for teaching through Summer 2019.
- UMN Moodle Resources
- Moodle Questions? Email: [email protected]
Technical issues and troubleshooting can be addressed or triaged by contacting one of the Help Desks.
- UMD ITSS TechCenter Help Desk at [email protected], 218-726-8847 or stop by Kirby Plaza 165.
- UMN OIT Technology Help Service Desk at [email protected] or 612-301-4357.
One-on One Educational Technology Consultation
To schedule a consultation with an ITSS Educational Technologist, complete the consultation request form and they will contact you within two business days.