The Accessible U website has been refreshed and a kick-off event is scheduled for July 23, 2020.
The University took another step on our journey toward digital inclusion and belonging recently with the soft launch of the new go-to digital accessibility resource, now called Accessible U: Cultivate Inclusion.
Several years ago a team of people from across the University put together the original Accessible U site. It has been a go-to resource for the University and a model for several other Big 10 accessibility sites and efforts ever since. Significantly, the site maintains its core premise and approach: That digital accessibility is everyone's everyday work and that we can all take small steps to make big change.
Please take a few minutes to check out Accessible U: Cultivate Inclusion. If you have feedback, please send your comments to [email protected] (note: this will open a ticket in TDX). The Twin Cities Office of Information Technology (OIT) has now has responsibility for the new site.
Kick-Off Event July 23
A formal Cultivate Inclusion Kick-Off will take place on July 23, 2020. The event will formally launch the site and celebrate what it stands for with 15-20 minute talks on a variety of access-related topics. The agenda:
- History of U.S. disability activism
- Accessibility versus accommodation
- State of accessibility at the University of Minnesota
- Life as a student with disabilities at the University of Minnesota
- Digital accessibility tools: the Accessible U: Cultivate Inclusion website and the Digital Accessibility Badging Program
- Accessibility of teaching and learning at the University
- Developing an accessibility committee
- Closing statements
Register for the Event
Register for the Webinar today!