ITSS Academic Technology Team has installed interactive display technologies in the followin classrooms.
- Samsung Flip Display: A digital interactive monitor that can serve as an interactive whiteboard and touch-screen. These have been installed in , BOH 90, BOH 108, HUM 470, HUM 484, KPLZ 166, KPLZ 312, LSCI 175, LSCI 185, MWAH 191, & SCC 120.
- Epson Interactive Display: An interactive projection and whiteboard system has been installed in HH 306, VKH 201, and SSB 115.
Those curious about this technology can set up an appointment with an Academic Technologist for a quick demonstration or consultation.
Samsung Interactive Display Demonstration
Samsung Flip 2
Drawing and Erasing
- A stylus is required to operate the Samsung Display drawing functions. These are stored on the side of the displays.
- Each side of the stylus can be customized to a specific width and color. In the image below, the highlighter side is set to turquoise, and the width is set to wide.
- You can also use a wooden dowel as a writing device or your own stylus.
- Erase the screen by using your hand or finger. You can wipe away some or all of your drawing.
- If a stylus is missing, please contact [email protected] to order a replacement.
- Import and Export Menus: Click on the arrow to open the "Import and Export" Tab.
- Drawing Tools and Settings: Add Layers, choose highlighters, pens, brushes, backgrounds, cropping tools.
- Roll Slider: Similar to a film roll, users can slide left and right to have additional space to write and annotate.
Users can either touch the screen or the power button on the lower right hand corner of the scren.
When the device is on, it will be highlighted in white.
User can connect to their laptop to interactive display in either of two methods:
1. HDMI & USB Cable
- Connect the HDMI Video & Audio Cable and the USB Control Cable labeled "Interactive".( This is optional and only works with Windows Devices.)
- Select HDMI on the classroom podium.
2. Wireless Presentation:
- Select Wireless on the classroom podium.
- Open your AirTame App. Visit www.airtame.com/start
- Connect to the Classroom Wireless
Display your laptop on the interactive display
- Turn on the interactive display by touching the screen or the power button.
- Click on the Import/Export Tabs on either side of the display.
- Use the Import Menu. Select PC.
- Select "HDMI 1". A live connection is indicated by a Green Check box.
Below is an example of a laptop being presented on the interactive display. In this mode, you can write on the white portions of the display but are unable to write on the imported laptop screen.
The Samsung Flip can be viewed on other larger screens around the classroom by the following operation.
- Click on the tabs on either side of the display to open "Import/Export" Menu
- Select Export then Screen Share
- Select Wired
- Select Interactive on the podium control panel.
- The displays will appear after a short delay.
- Insert your USB Thumb Drive into the middle port on the front panel.
- Select the IMPORT Tab located on the far left side of the Screen.
- Select USB
- Find the Appropriate file to import/view.
You can write over your laptop screen with the following steps.
- Complete the Connect your laptop display Instructions found above.
- Select the Maximize Icon, located in the lower right-hand corner of the laptop screen on the display).
- In Maximized Mode, the laptop display will take up the entirety of the screen. A tool menu is at the bottom of the screen.
- Below is a Magnified image of the
- To draw on the screen, select Note On feature (located on the far left.) A blue layer will appear on the screen and allow you to draw and highlight the screen. Erasing the screen can be done with your hand.
- To exit this mode:
- Select Close
- Touch the Power Button on the display.
- Select Restore
Sharing Interactive Display with Zoom
This feature is only available to Windows users.
When using Zoom to share a screen, you can use Zoom's Whiteboard to will allow you to write and draw for in-person and virtual audiences.
- Connect the HDMI Cable and Interactive Display USB.
- Open a Zoom Session on your laptop
- In Zoom, select "Share Screen";
- Select the "Whiteboard feature.
Epson Interactive Display
Epson Brightlink Components
The projection system uses a proprietary whiteboard that serves as the boundary of the screen and provides a stable surface to draw and annotate on.
Touch Interface Pens
The Epson Interactive Display can be operated by a finger. You can also take advantage of two interactive pens in the classroom.
Pens can be found in the convenient holder located on the white board adjacent to the projector.
The Epson Brightlink Interactive Display enables users to:
- Write on a digital whiteboard
- Control a computer from the white board
- Annotate on a laptop screen
Connecting your laptop
The Classroom Podium will feature two cables needed to operate the Epson Display
- USB labeled "Inter" (short for interactive)
- HDMI (Video and Audio Cable)
Drawing and Interacting
To switch to PC Interactive mode:
- Connect your laptop with the HDMI Cable and Interactive USB Cable.
- Click on the PC Interactivity icon on the toolbar.
When Interactive Mode is enabled, it is not possible to annotate and write on the displayed computer visual.
- Project an image from a connected device by connecting the HDMI Cable and Interactive USB to your device.
- Turn off the Computer Control Mode.
You will see the drawing toolbar on the bottom of the projected image.
You can move the toolbar to the right, left, top, or bottom of the screen, use the pen or your finger to drag it to the desired location.
For best performance, hold the pen perpendicular to the board, as shown below. Do not cover the black section near the tip of the pen.
To write or draw on the projection surface in built-in Annotation mode or built-in Whiteboard mode, do the following:
- To select a projected item, such as an icon, tap the projection surface with the pen tip.
- To draw on the projected screen, tap the projection surface with the pen and drag it as necessary.
- To move the pointer, hover over the surface without touching it.
- To switch the pen from drawing tool to eraser or a different function, press the button on the side.