You are here
Playing a DVD in an Auditorium
- Obtain the keys
- Turn on the classroom technology control system
- Press the "VHS" or "DVD/VHS" or "SOURCE" button on the control panel
- Turn on the DVD Player and Play the Disc
- Adjust the sound, if needed
- Remove the Disc and turn off the DVD Player
- Turn off the system
- Close and lock the equipment cabinet or podium doors
1. Obtain the keys
The equipment cabinet key may be requested by departments or by faculty teaching in this room. Classroom keys and building master keys do not open these locks. Departments with faculty or staff needing access to the AV /computer equipment may want to have a key in their department office available for checkout. Or faculty and staff who make frequent use of classroom equipment may want to request a key for their personal use. In either case, a key request card must be completed, signed by the Dean or Department Head, and delivered to Facilities Management Key Shop. " AV Cabinets" must be printed at the top of the card to specify that the requested key is for the equipment cabinet and not for the room itself. A separate key request card for the room must be completed to obtain a room key.
2. Turn on the classroom technology control system
General purpose classrooms are equipped with a control system panel that eliminates most individual remote controls and power switches. A.V. equipment is located in the equipment cabinet or podium at the front of the room. The control panel is usually located on top of the cabinet or podium.
Press the "ON" or "ON/OFF" button for the projector that you want to use.
The projector will begin warming up. After two to three minutes the projector will be ready for use.
3. Press the "VHS" or "DVD/VHS" or "SOURCE" button on the control panel
4. Turn on the DVD Player and Play the Disc
The DVD player is located in the equipment cabinet/podium.
- Press the "POWER" button. The unit will turn on and the power indicator will illuminate.
- Press the "OPEN/CLOSE" button on the player.
- Hold your disc by its edges and gently place it into the tray with the playback side down. Their are two different disc sizes. Place the disc in the correct guide, If the disc is out of the guide, it may damage the disc and cause the DVD player to malfunction.
- Press "OPEN/CLOSE" button to close the disc tray.
- Press the "PLAY" button. The disc will begin. The disc tray closes automatically. You can use the DVD remote for additional functions as needed while playing your disc.
5. Adjust the sound, if needed
Press the "VOLUME UP" button to increase the sound.
Press the "VOLUME DOWN" button to decrease the sound.
Press the "MUTE" button to cut the sound. Press it a second time to restore the sound.
6. Remove the Disc and turn off the DVD Player
Press the "EJECT" button to remove the Disc. Press the power button to turn the DVD Player off.
7. Turn off the system
Press the "OFF" or "ON/OFF" button to turn off the system.
The projector lamp will turn off. Approximately one second after that the, lamp will be cooled for about a minute. Then the system will be completely shut off.
9. Close and lock the equipment cabinet or podium doors
Close and lock the doors using the equipment key. Please double check to make sure that it is locked.