Changes to ITSS Support Services
Beginning Monday, March 16, ITSS has suspended most face-to-face services and most staff are working remotely as recommended by the University.
We are committed to continue providing technical support to the campus community during this transitional time. Please be patient as we are working with many users on many different types of issues.
Here's how you can get help:
Call 218-726-8847 and leave a detailed message (phone calls will not be answered directly)
Email [email protected]
Submit an ITSS Service Request form
Remote staff will be actively monitoring all Help Desk requests during regular business hours and will contact you as soon as possible. In place of on-site visits, we will be utilizing remote support tools such as Bomgar Beyond Trust, Hangouts, or Zoom.
The TechCenter is no longer accepting repairs for personal devices from students, faculty or staff.
The following services will be provided by appointment only (call 726-8847 or email [email protected] to schedule):
Repairs of University-owned computers or devices
Pick up of newly imaged computers or devices
Checkout of Chromebooks for long-term use
You may find these resources helpful in answering some of your questions:
Technical Support: Call-in, Walk-in and Check-in
The ITSS TechCenter in Kirby Plaza 165 combines our services for Help Desk, technical support, computer repair, equipment checkout, and classroom and computer lab support into one area. The TechCenter is open during University business hours and extended evening hours during the semester (see TechCenter Hours for details).
The TechCenter provides three types of technical support:
- Call-in service: 218-726-8847
- The TechCenter HelpDesk staff are ready to take your calls! Call to report any type of technology problem - if they can't fix it while you're on the phone, they'll ticket it and an ITSS staff person will get back to you. Call-in service is available 24x7, but may be limited in scope when the TechCenter is closed.
- Walk-in service: KPLz 165
- Free 15-minute front counter support for basic technology questions and services, provided to anyone with a valid University ID / email account.
- account or password issues
- email problems
- virus/spyware self-service scans (tools provided to customer and customer runs scan)
- mobile computing questions
- basic software questions
- initial hardware diagnostics
- computer or game console registration
- advice on computer purchases
- wireless assistance
- Check-in service: KPLz 165
- Fee-based computer repair service for more advanced problems that require more than 15 minutes to resolve and/or require special diagnostic tools or hardware repairs. Available for current students, faculty or staff.
- virus/spyware removal (scans run by ITSS staff)
- OS upgrade or reinstall
- all hardware upgrades or repairs
- all warranty repair work (Apple, HP and CPS)
- data backup and restore
- secure data deletion (required before disposing of University-owned computers)
- data recovery from damaged hard drives
- Call or stop in for an estimate, or see TechCenter Service Tiers & Rates for our current rates and services.