3/25/20 Update: Outdoor Wireless for Drive Up Access
ITSS has installed outdoor wireless for drive-up use in Lot B outside of the HCAMS building and in Lot G near the pay shed. For details please see: Outdoor Wireless for Drive Up Access.
3/16/20: ITSS Service Changes
Beginning Monday, March 16, ITSS will suspend most face-to-face services and staff will be working remotely. We'll continue to provide student support in a variety of ways.
Help Desk & TechCenter
If you need help:
- Call 218-726-8847 and leave a detailed message (phone calls will not be answered directly).
- Email [email protected]
- Submit an ITSS Service Request form
Remote staff will be actively monitoring all Help Desk requests during business hours. Staff will call or email to provide support. In place of on-site visits, we will be utilizing remote support tools such as Bomgar Beyond Trust, Hangouts, or Zoom.
We are no longer able to accept devices for repair from students, but staff may be able to work with you to find other possible repair options.
Assistance with Academic Technologies
ITSS staff can help students troubleshoot:
- Course-related software installation
- Canvas, including but not limited to specific processes like uploading or posting assignments
- Google Apps
- Other applications or software required and supported by the University for your courses
The fastest way to get help is to contact the ITSS Help Desk ([email protected]) and provide the course name and number, as well as a detailed description of what issue you are having.
For a general overview of Canvas, please check out the Canvas overview for students video. To find documented help with Google apps, like Google Drive, Google Docs, or Google Forms, you can visit the University’s support page for Google apps
Student Computing, Multimedia and Classroom Services
- Windows Lab Software: All students have Windows basic lab access service through the Horizon app. Students in full access courses can access lab software via the Horizon app or VMWare HTML Web Access. Get instructions about how to install and use on the Apps4U/BYOD webpage.
- Adobe Creative Suite: If you need Adobe Creative Suite for a class, contact the ITSS Help Desk ([email protected]). We can add students to the Adobe Console which will allow them to download and sign into Creative Cloud to freely install and use the apps.
- Multimedia Equipment: The Multimedia Hub is closed (as part of the Library closure) but ifi you need multimedia equipment for a class, [email protected]. Inventory is limited. If you have equipment checked out from the Multimedia Hub, we are extending check-out returns through April 1. We will be sending direct emails to those with equipment if dates change.
Working and Learning Off Campus
Additional resources that may with this transition to remote learning: