Course Management System Support
You are here
Policy: University of Minnesota Duluth
UMD Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS) provides local support for the Moodle enterprise course management system housed at the Twin Cities campus. This policy recognizes the role, access, and responsibilities of ITSS staff in providing this support.
ITSS staff members whose role is to provide support to faculty for teaching and learning shall provide local support for Moodle. Current incumbents are Trish Crace, Amanda Evans, and Bruce Reeves. This policy also covers any employee hired in the future that has a similar role.
In order for local ITSS staff to provide appropriate and quality support for Moodle at UMD, they shall be provided with enrollment management access that will enable them to:
- view and update user enrollment data
- view faculty content and settings
ITSS staff who support Moodle shall have the following responsibilities:
- Follow standard OIT procedures
- Adhere to University FERPA guidelines
- Work with OIT Moodle Administration and Support Teams to determine best support practices
- Attend appropriate training sessions
- Adhere to generally accepted professional ethics in dealing with private student data and faculty-generated content
- Approved by the UMD Council of Deans, July 11, 2006
- Revised December 11, 2007 and December 8, 2013