You are here
Services and Sessions
As part of Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS), educational technologist work at the intersection of technology and education. We partner with educators to explore, implement, and evaluate technologies and tools to enhance, adapt or transform the student learning experience.
For technical assistance, contact one of the help desk options below to start the troubleshooting or triaging process:
- UMD ITSS Tech Center Helpdesk: email@example.com or (218) 726-8847
- UMN Technology Help: firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-4357
Drop by Kirby Plaza 166 with questions, ideas, needs etc. related to the technologies used in the courses you're teaching this semester or courses you're setting up for a future semester. No registration is needed for these informal drop-in sessions.
Request a consultation to meet with an educational technologist. Consultation examples might include:
- Setting up a Canvas course site
- Setting up or configuring a Canvas gradebook
- Exploring technologies to use for a class, an assignment or course project
- Designing assignments and activities for active or authentic learning.
- Designing a course or course module(s)
- Redesigning, adapting, or re-organizing an existing course for another format (face to face, hybrid, online, flipped etc.)
- Prototyping or piloting aspects of a course or course module
- Designing a multimedia assignment for students to complete
Workshops and ProgrammingFind the latest updates on a variety of in-person and online workshops available through out the academic year.
Educational Technology Updates
Receive timely emails with information about upcoming learning opportunities and educational technology tool updates.