You are here
Scheduled Sessions for Fall 2017
UMN Office of Information Technology (OIT) is offering sessions to discover Canvas, the University's new learning management system that will replace Moodle. These events are times for you to drop-in and get your questions about Canvas addressed and learn about the new system. No registration is required. Members of the Canvas Transition Team will be on hand in person and online to meet with you. Visit the Discover Canvas webpage for dates/times and online access links.
Start-Up Sessions (Expanded Drop-Ins)
Start-up sessions are expanded drop-in sessions offered the week prior to and the first week of classes (Aug. 21 through Sept. 1) to provide assistance to faculty and instructing staff. Drop by Kirby Plaza 175 with questions or bring a laptop/mobile device to work on your courses. No registration is required for start-up sessions.
- Monday, Aug. 21 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 22 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 24 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 28 from 10 a.m. to Noon and 4 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 29 from 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 31 from Noon to 2 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 1 from 9 to 11 a.m.
Weekly Drop-In Sessions
Drop by Kirby Plaza 175 with questions or bring a laptop/mobile device to work on your courses. No registration is required for these open sessions.
The regular drop-in session schedule begins Tuesday, Sept. 5 and runs through Thursday, Dec. 7.
- Mondays from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 11 to Noon
- Wednesdays from 11 to Noon
- Thursdays from 2 to 3 p.m.
Can't make a drop-in session? Make an appointment with an educational technologist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational Technology Intensive
Multi-session, customized workshops designed upon departmental or unit needs. ITSS and/or ATSS/CEI led. No cost.
- active learning in any classroom
- designing and execution of an online course
- reviewing Moodle features to support course outcomes
Educational Technology Personal Consult
Project-based, one-to-one faculty consultations with an ITSS Educational Technologist.
To get started with an educational technology custom service email email@example.com.