Information Technology Systems and Services provides training for a variety of computer applications, use of the Internet and world wide web, classroom technology, and other technology related topics for UMD faculty, staff, and students.
- Classes/workshops are generally free, but there may be charges for books or other instructional materials provided to participants.
- Enrollment is limited. Classes/workshops with fewer than 8 people signed up will be canceled. If any class that you apply for is full you will be notified and your name will be placed on a waiting list. Unless otherwise specified, our training is for UMD faculty, staff and students only.
- Advance registration is required for classes/workshops. Brown bag type presentations typically do not require registration.
Specialized Training for Departments & Individuals
In general, Information Technology Systems and Services, ITSS will do training for departments and individuals upon request, with the following restrictions:
- We must be able to schedule staff to do the training.
- We must be able to schedule an appropriate location for the training.
- If the session desired is one of our standard workshops requiring no additional staff preparation time, and if the department provides eight or more participants, there is no charge to the requesting department except lab rental.
- Our preference is to schedule an additional session of our standard workshops at a time that is convenient to the department requesting the extra session, but to also make it open to the rest of the campus. The minimum enrollment of eight must be met in order to hold the workshop at no cost to the requesting department.
- If the session desired needs to be tailored to the special needs of the department, or if the number of participants is fewer than eight, then the department will be charged for staff time at our current hourly rate for consulting plus our cost for lab reservations. If the requesting department provides access to suitable facilities, there will be no additional lab reservation charges.
- Departments or individuals requesting specialized training will be responsible for providing refreshments at training sessions if they want them, and will ensure that campus food and beverage restrictions are followed.