Technology for Classes
Student Technology fees are assessed based on estimated usage by enrollment. They can be assessed by an individual college or department. Some fees are also assessed by ITSS, including basic access and full access technology fees. In 2015, the Regents approved the change from a full access lab fee (assessed to courses that use ITSS full access labs) to a full access technology fee that includes:
- partially online courses (more than 3 required visits to campus)
- primarily online courses (3 or fewer required visits to campus)
- fully online courses (no visits required to campus)
- use of full access labs (scheduled class in an ITSS lab)
- use of full access lab software on BYOD (accessing the full access lab software outside of a lab on a laptop, tablet, etc.)
What does this fee support?
- Physical and virtual student support: the linked page lists contact options.
- Course support costs: this varies by the course depending upon what is needed by the instructor, and we support each course accordingly.
- Physical infrastructure: costs including network, servers, and software.
Even when a person is not physically on our campus accessing a course, many campus resources are used to make this possible. We want people to be able to take and work on courses anywhere they have an Internet connection. This requires us to increase both people and hardware/software support in order to make this possible.