ITSS offers student support both in person and online for students having technology or administrative issues with their online (i.e., meets only online) or hybrid (i.e., meets online and meets in a UMD classroom) courses.
ITSS does not offer TA services, but we can help troubleshoot as you:
- utilize course-related tools like Canvas, Kaltura, or Google Apps to submit course assignments and multimedia projects.
- seek access to University resources available to on-campus students.
- install University-required software
Student Support for Online and Hybrid Courses
Getting Assistance from the ITSS TechCenter and Help Desk
- Email [email protected]. Please include the course name and number, as well as a general description of your need.
- Call 218-726-8847. Available 24 hours per day, this number will have the option to transfer to UMN Twin Cities Technology Help when the UMD ITSS Help Desk is closed.
- Live chat with the ITSS Help Desk.
- Visit in person at Kirby Plaza 165. Hours are posted here.
If the Help Desk or TechCenter staff are unable to resolve your issue, they will create a ticket (a way to track the issue within ITSS), and escalate it to the appropriate staff.
If you would like assistance with using course technology outside of the stated TechCenter hours, please email [email protected] to schedule a time to meet either in person or remotely.
UMN System Help
- Within Canvas, click on the Help icon on the lower left of the Global navigation bar (the maroon bar on the left). The phone and chat options are available 24/7. UMN support is available for all of our system-wide services (Canvas, Google, Kaltura, etc).