Online and Hybrid Courses
You are here
The ITSS Helpdesk offers student support both in person and online for students having technology or administrative issues with their online (i.e., meets only online) or hybrid (i.e., meets online and meets in a UMD classroom) courses.
ITSS does not offer a TA service, but we can help troubleshoot as you:
- utilize course-related tools like Moodle, Kaltura, or Google Apps to submit course assignments and multimedia projects.
- seek permission numbers, or other University resources available to on-campus students.
- install University required software
Student Support for Online and Hybrid Courses
Getting Assistance from the ITSS TechCenter and Helpdesk
- Email email@example.com. Please include the course name and number, as well as a general description of your need.
- Call 218-726-8847. Available 24 hours per day, this number will have the option to transfer to the Twin Cities Technology Help when the UMD ITSS Helpdesk is closed.
- Live chat with the ITSS Helpdesk.
- Visit in person at Kirby Plaza 165. Hours are posted here.
If the Helpdesk or TechCenter staff are unable to resolve your issue, they will create a ticket (a way to track the issue within ITSS), and escalate it to the appropriate staff.
If you would like assistance with using course technology outside of the stated office hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet either in person or remotely.