Current Job Openings
IT Professional 2: System/Server Administrators
The central IT department at the University of Minnesota Duluth is looking for 2 Windows administrators to work together to support our teaching and learning infrastructure. Together, the duties are defined as below:
- Support and administer systems and services in our learning environment
- Provision and configure systems and services to support business applications
- Maintain system security through active patching and upgrades of software and firmware
- Perform capacity monitoring
- Research emerging technologies and plan for equipment, platform, or service acquisition and replacement
- Perform system and data restores when required
- Provide a secure, reliable, and effective endpoint environment
- Interact with vendors to acquire services and support
- Collaborate with end users to troubleshoot endpoint devices and software when necessary
Salary ranges from $57,899.55 to $95,534.26. Actual salary commensurate with experience.
- BA/BS plus at least two years of experience, or master's degree.
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively in teams with minimal supervision.
- At least two years of Windows administration experience
- Previous experience working in higher education
- Demonstrated ability to understand and learn new technologies quickly
- Working experience with computer imaging and virtualization
- Experience administering and supporting endpoint devices (lab computers, printers, thin clients etc.)
- Proven ability to work with and build consensus with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users and technical staff
- Demonstration of effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities with attention to detail
- Experience in interpreting and creating technical documentation
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Free disability insurance.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To apply for this position:
- Go to Search Jobs
- Search for Job I.D. 343780.
- Click or activate the job title to view the job details and application instructions.
Student Employment: Multimedia Hub Tech Assistant
We are looking for responsible, creative Media Hub Staff to help us provide immediate support to UMD students and instructors using multimedia equipment, Adobe Creative Cloud applications, media arts and production methods.
Media Hub Staff should be highly organized, dependable, and self-motivated. Media Hub main tasks include advising customers regarding media equipment, supporting design and production applications, and equipment checkout and return. We are looking for individuals who are interested in teaching virtual workshops and drop-in sessions. This job includes supporting students and faculty with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, audio and video production and post-production, animation methods, and photographing portraits sessions and editing photos. Our ideal candidate is technologically savvy, familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud and other design or media production applications, resourceful, willing to learn, has strong communication skills, and experience in communicating with diverse populations. ITSS will provide training on all the job duties with the opportunity to increase learned media arts skills.
This position is a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) student position. Work-study is allowed but not required. The starting pay is $10.08 an hour with a possible advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position:
- Go to Search Jobs
- Search for Job I.D. 342540
- Click or activate the job title "Multimedia Hub Tech" to view the job details and application instructions.
Applications will be taken on-going, on a first come basis. We will start interviewing immediately with start dates beginning immediately. This position is on-campus located at the Media Hub on the 1st floor of the Kathryn A Martin Library.
Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS) delivers outstanding technology services to the University of Minnesota Duluth campus. Our staff have technical expertise, adaptability, a focus on customers, and a commitment to process improvement. We provide professional support for UMD students, staff, and faculty in the following areas:
- Application and database development
- Computer labs
- Computer maintenance and repair
- Course management
- Data centers
- Enterprise applications
- General software
- Instructional technology
- IT Help Desk
- Mobile technologies
- Personal computers
- Network infrastructure
- Online learning
- Servers and virtualization
- Systems administration
- Web services
The University of Minnesota Duluth is the second largest campus in the University of Minnesota system, enrolling more than 11,000 students, including 1,000+ graduate and professional students. Our campus consists of more than 50 buildings on 244 acres overlooking Lake Superior.
UMD is home to the Tweed Museum of Art, the Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium, Weber Music Hall, the Marshall Performing Arts Center, Glensheen Historic Estate, Minnesota Sea Grant, the Natural Resources Research Institute, and the Large Lakes Observatory.
In addition to cutting edge research and academic excellence, UMD is known for its NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Teams, and its other NCAA Division II athletic teams. The UMD Men's Hockey Team has won several championships, two of which are from 2018 and 2019.
Located on the north shore of Lake Superior, Duluth is the fourth largest city in Minnesota. Together with Superior, Wisconsin, we form an area known as the Twin Ports, supporting a regional population of nearly 280,000. As one of the largest international ports in the world, Duluth is known for shipping and as a commercial and manufacturing center. In addition to industry, Duluth is a regional hub for health care, education, aviation, technology, and is a top tourist destination.
Duluth offers big city amenities with a small town feel. In Duluth, there are a multitude of cultural activities along with many museums, restaurants, premier craft breweries, theater and dance companies, shows and fairs, and the Great Lakes Aquarium. Duluth also has a bustling music scene with local festivals/venues such as Homegrown Music Festival and Bayfront Festival Park.
With 26 miles of scenic rocky shoreline, Duluth is one of the best outdoor cities in the US. Activities such as mountain biking, surfing, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, rock climbing, and kayaking/canoeing are all enjoyed within the city limits. Duluth is also known for its proximity to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Voyageurs National Park, Isle Royale National Park, several Minnesota State Parks, and the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
Don't spend your life sitting in traffic. Why simply vacation in Duluth? Wake up to Lake Superior every day!
Learn more at Destination Duluth.