Current Job Openings
Please consider joining our team in beautiful Duluth, MN!
Help Desk / End User Support
- A BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a closely related field; or a combination of related education and work experience in system support and problem resolution to equal four years.
- Strong customer service skills and background working with customers, colleagues and teams.
- Experience and proficiency with a variety of technology and devices.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Experience working independently on projects, managing time, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
About the Job
Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS) at the University of Minnesota Duluth seeks a passionate, dedicated professional to join a creative and collaborative team to support faculty, staff and student technology needs. A successful candidate will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to supporting ITSS values including team focus, trust, integrity, realistic optimism, self-motivation, caring, and creative problem solving.
Customer support (75%)
- Assist campus customers who call or visit our technology Help Desk.
- Install, configure and support campus technology, hardware and software.
- Perform troubleshooting and assessment for a broad range of technology-related problems.
- Assess, prioritize, and track personal projects and processes.
- Consult with and support campus members regarding the use of information technology hardware and software.
- Recognize a diversity of problem-solving skills and how they can lead to better solutions.
- Work in coordination with other technology staff and student employees.Provide assistance on special technology-related projects.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, make recommendations and facilitate implementation.
- Work as a member of ITSS teams.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
This is a 100%, 12 month position. Minimum salary is $45,323.20. Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Complete applications must include:
- Letter of Application addressing the qualifications
- Current Resume
To apply for this position, go to http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ and search for job opening 335191. Click on the job title to view the job details and application instructions.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
Please Note: If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact MSRS or PERA for any eligibility limitations.
***Smoking and chewing tobacco and the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds and University vehicles.***
Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS) delivers outstanding technology services to the University of Minnesota Duluth campus. Our staff have technical expertise, adaptability, a focus on customers, and a commitment to process improvement. We provide professional support for UMD students, staff, and faculty in the following areas:
- Application and database development
- Computer labs
- Computer maintenance and repair
- Course management
- Data centers
- Enterprise applications
- General software
- Instructional technology
- IT Help Desk
- Mobile technologies
- Personal computers
- Network infrastructure
- Online learning
- Servers and virtualization
- Systems administration
- Web services
The University of Minnesota Duluth is the second largest campus in the University of Minnesota system, enrolling more than 11,000 students, including 1,000+ graduate and professional students. Our campus consists of more than 50 buildings on 244 acres overlooking Lake Superior.
UMD is home to the Tweed Museum of Art, the Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium, Weber Music Hall, the Marshall Performing Arts Center, Glensheen Historic Estate, Minnesota Sea Grant, the Natural Resources Research Institute, and the Large Lakes Observatory.
In addition to cutting edge research and academic excellence, UMD is known for its NCAA Division I Men’s and Women's Ice Hockey Teams, and its other NCAA Division II athletic teams. The UMD Men's Hockey Team has won several championships, two of which are from 2018 and 2019.
Located on the north shore of Lake Superior, Duluth is the fourth largest city in Minnesota. Together with Superior, Wisconsin, we form an area known as the Twin Ports, supporting a regional population of nearly 280,000. As one of the largest international ports in the world, Duluth is known for shipping and as a commercial and manufacturing center. In addition to industry, Duluth is a regional hub for health care, education, aviation, technology, and is a top tourist destination.
Duluth offers big city amenities with a small town feel. In Duluth, there are a multitude of cultural activities along with many museums, restaurants, premier craft breweries, theatre and dance companies, shows and fairs, and the Great Lakes Aquarium. Duluth also has a bustling music scene with local festivals/venues such as Homegrown Music Festival and Bayfront Festival Park.
With 26 miles of scenic rocky shoreline, Duluth is one of the best outdoor cities in the US. Activities such as mountain biking, surfing, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, rock climbing, and kayaking/canoeing are all enjoyed within the city limits. Duluth is also known for its proximity to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Voyageurs National Park, Isle Royale National Park, several Minnesota State Parks, and the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
Don't spend your life sitting in traffic. Why simply vacation in Duluth? Wake up to Lake Superior every day!
Learn more at Destination Duluth.