Classroom and Event Support services consist of procuring, installing, and maintaining classroom equipment; planning/designing classroom spaces; as well as consultation for and support of campus events. This Service Level Agreement (SLA) establishes guidelines for classroom and event support provided to University of Minnesota Duluth faculty, staff, and students.
- General purpose classroom equipment purchase and maintenance
- Departmental classroom, conference room, and videoconference room consultation and design
- Event support for individual special events held in classrooms or event spaces with a 2-week notice for planning to include:
- Discuss needs and work through expectations.
- Provide recommendations.
- Provide some equipment.
- Help with setup and usage.
- Potential monitoring of the event (may be billable).
Out of Scope
Under the terms of this SLA, ITSS shall not provide the following services:
- Streaming events to remote location (on campus or off campus)
- Video recording events
Under the terms of this SLA, the customer shall be responsible for the following:
- Becoming familiar with the effective uses of classroom technology via self-instruction or in consultation with ITSS. Classroom technology User Guides are available.
- Creating a "backup plan" in the event of an unexpected classroom technology malfunction.
- Informing ITSS of equipment or technical issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Recording events. If video recording of an event is needed, the customer may:
- Check out equipment from Multimedia Hub and the customer can record it.
- Contact University Marketing and Public Relations (UMPR) to find out if they can assist or fill out the UMPR request form.
- Hire an outside firm from the community.
Classroom and event support is available to current University faculty, staff, and students.
- On-site support is regularly available Monday through Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
- Limited off-hours support may be available.
There is no charge for general purpose classroom assistance or equipment checkout. There may be charges associated with departmental services and event support. Current rates can be found at Rates and Fees.
- For general classroom or event support:
- Call the ITSS TechCenter at 218-726-6222 from 7:30 am to 10 pm Monday through Friday. After 6 pm, calls will forward to student workers who may be able to help.
- To place a ticket for classroom help:
- Call the ITSS HelpDesk at 218-726-8847 or email [email protected].
- For an event support consultation with us:
- Complete our Event Support Request Form.
Service Manager: Kara Hanson
- Email: [email protected]
- Office Phone: 218-726-8903