Classroom and Event Support services consist of procuring, installing, and maintaining classroom equipment; planning/designing classroom spaces; as well as consultation for and support of campus events. This Service Level Agreement (SLA) establishes guidelines for classroom and event support provided to University of Minnesota Duluth faculty, staff, and students.
- General purpose classroom equipment purchase and maintenance
- Departmental classroom, conference room, and videoconference room consultation and design
- Event support for individual special events held in classrooms or event spaces with a 2-week notice for planning to include:
- Discuss needs and work through expectations.
- Provide recommendations.
- Provide some equipment.
- Help with setup and usage.
- Potential monitoring of the event (may be billable).
Out of Scope
Under the terms of this SLA, ITSS shall not provide the following services:
- Streaming events to remote location (on campus or off campus)
- Video recording events
Under the terms of this SLA, the customer shall be responsible for the following:
- Becoming familiar with the effective uses of classroom technology via self-instruction or in consultation with ITSS.
- Creating a "backup plan" in the event of an unexpected classroom technology malfunction.
- Informing ITSS of equipment or technical issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Recording events. If video recording of an event is needed, the customer may:
Classroom and event support is available to current University faculty, staff, and students.
- On-site support is regularly available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Limited off-hours support may be available.
There is no charge for general purpose classroom assistance or equipment checkout. There may be charges associated with departmental services and event support. Current rates can be found at Rates and Fees.
For questions, concerns, and help visit Classroom Technology.