ITSS provides web hosting and content management support to the UMD campus through a variety of tools and options, depending on the site and user needs.
Web Hosting & Content Management: Departments & Units
- Drupal web sites are provided on request to University departments and units. Content management support is available through specialized Drupal training sessions, weekly Drupal User and Tech Groups, extensive online documentation, and one-to-one support.
Web Hosting & Content Management: Personal sites
- Google Sites* are available to all current students, faculty and staff through their University Google account. Content management support is provided through specialized group training, Help Desk support, and online documentation.
- www.d.umn.edu/~/ sites are available on request for current students, faculty and staff. Limited content management support is available for this Unix-based service (see “Rates” below).
Web Hosting: Student Organizations
- Bulldog Connect sites are available on request to any UMD student organization.
- Google Sites* are available as an option for any UMD student organization through their University Google account. Limited user support is available (see “Rates” below).
*Note: Due to the accessibility issues that exist with Google Sites, it is recommended that web developers that utilize a screen reader use other web publishing services.
- Drupal: Any official UMD department or unit is eligible for a Drupal web site.
- Google Sites: Any student, faculty or staff with a valid University Internet ID has access to create and manage a Google Site.
- www.d.umn.edu/~/ web sites: Current students, faculty and staff may request a personal /~/ website on our UMD web server. The user must renew access yearly to maintain their site, and the web site will be removed when the student or employee leaves the University.
- Bulldog Connect: Any registered student organization may request to be included in Bulldog Connect by contacting Kirby Student Center.
- Web hosting service is available 24x7.
- Content management support is available during regular business hours.
- No fees for Drupal sites, Google sites, www.d.umn.edu/~/ sites, or Bulldog Connect.
Content Management Support:
- Drupal: No fees for support for official departments or units.
- Google sites: No fees for support for current faculty and staff.
- www.d.umn.edu/~/sites: Support for current faculty and staff will be billed at our regular hourly rate (current rates may be found at: ITSS Rates). Support for students is limited to providing the site creation and maintenance tools.
- Bulldog Connect: Support is provided by Kirby Student Center (https://www.d.umn.edu/kirby-student-center/student-activities)
Users should request support by contacting the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk:
ITSS TechCenter Help Desk [Hours]
- Call: 218.726.8847
- Email: [email protected]
- Walk-in: Kirby Plaza 165