The JAMF Pro iOS Management and Application Deployment Service allows departments to centrally manage iPad fleets for instructional or departmental use. This specialized service is only available for iPads that are purchased through the UMD Bookstore’s Institutional account and is a fee-based service.
JAMF Pro iOS Management:
Devices are purchased through the UMD Bookstore’s Institutional account and can then be automatically enrolled in the Device Enrollment Program (DEP) as a “fleet”. A fleet is defined as a set of iPads that have the same management configuration settings (password requirements, login time out, access restrictions, application suite, etc.); minimum number of devices per fleet is six (6). One JAMF Pro iOS license (annual fee) is required for each device in a fleet.
Through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP), ITSS will purchase and deploy available applications to a specified fleet of iPads. The applications will be managed through the VPP but are owned by the department. For-pay applications will be billed back to the department at cost.
Each iPad fleet will be managed and billed as a separate entity.
|ITSS Service / Item||Fee (ITSS Rates)|
|JAMF Pro iOS license||$7 / device (annual fee)|
|Enrollment & configuration of fleet||Flat rate of 2 hours (annual fee)|
|Application installation||Hourly rate (minimum of ½ hour) + cost of application|
|Additional work as requested by client||Hourly rate (minimum of ½ hour)|
|Re-configuration / re-deployment of compromised device||Hourly rate (minimum of ½ hour)|
|Maintenance / repair of compromised device||Hourly rate (minimum of ½ hour)|
Department is responsible for:
- Ordering and purchasing iPads through the UMD Bookstore’s Institutional account, including the cost of any additional hardware warranties. (NOTE: Only devices purchased in this manner may be auto managed using DEP and are eligible for this service.)
- Hardware maintenance, repair and/or replacement costs.
- Researching and developing the list of applications to be deployed and paying for any fee-based applications. Notes about applications:
- Some apps are not available for multi distribution, solely at the discretion of the developer.
- Some apps are only available via "In-App" purchase and are not available via JAMF Pro.
- Providing a User Agreement to the department or class for each device. [ Sample ]
- Deploying the devices to the department or class. (On request, ITSS will provide one staff member to assist and answer questions during the initial deployment.)
Support is available during business hours at the ITSS TechCenter:
Sally Bradt, ITSS Manager
Email: [email protected]