Web conferencing has become an essential skill as we are all in this season of working and studying from home. The University has a variety of tools and resources to help you get the most out of these tools.
If you would like to learn more about using the University’s web conferencing tool, Zoom, there are a number of live, online webinars you can attend. The webinars are provided by Zoom, and they are open to everyone in the University community.
Course offerings include:
- Zoom: Get Started
- Zoom: Host a Meeting
- Zoom: Host a Webinar
- Zoom: Meetings for Education (Students & Educators)
- Zoom: Understand HCC Requirements
OIT is also providing a monthly Zoom Open Lab. This session begins with a brief introduction to the features in Zoom, an online video conferencing system. After the intro, there will be time for participants to try using Zoom’s features.
A primary resource for all things Zoom can be found at the UMN Zoom page. The site has an extensive list of self-help and how-to resources including:
- Zoom: Secure Your Zoom Meetings
- Canvas: Host a Zoom Meeting within Canvas
- Zoom: Teach Online Class Sessions
- Zoom: Set up, Support, and Present at Online Events