ITSS offers 2 computer lab access levels, basic and full.
Listings of classes that pay the full access technology fee and have that fee automatically charged to them are available. The software in both Basic and Full Windows and Mac labs is listed on the lab software page.
Enrolled students can purchase full access by going to UMD Stores, paying the fee shown below, and bringing the receipt to the ITSS TechCenter in Kirby Plaza 165. The TechCenter will create a request ticket, and your access will be set up by the next working day.
|Semester or Summer||75.50|
Faculty and Teaching Assistants have full lab access if they are teaching a class that meets in a lab.
For-credit courses that pay the full access technology fee:
Instructors of for-credit classes that already pay the full access technology fee can reserve computer labs outside of their usual assignment by following the instructions on the room scheduling web page.
For any other credit course or any non-credit internal event:
These special events should contact the library about renting their computer lab KAML 116. Please refer to the Kathryn A. Martin Library lab rental page.
You may also contact ITSS about using our Active Learning Sandbox in Kirby Plaza 175, which has a ChromeCart (a laptop cart with 28 ChromeBooks). There is no charge for this. Please email [email protected]
Please go through the library for non-university events.
Background on the Full Access Technology Fee
In 2015, the Regents approved the change from a full access lab fee (assessed to courses that use ITSS full access labs) to a full access technology fee that includes:
- partially online courses (more than 3 required visits to campus)
- primarily online courses (3 or fewer required visits to campus)
- fully online courses (no visits required to campus)
- use of full access labs (scheduled class in an ITSS lab)
- use of full access lab software on BYOD (accessing the full access lab software outside of a lab on a laptop, tablet, etc.)
What Does this Fee Support?
- Physical and virtual student support: the linked page lists contact options.
- Course support costs: this varies by the course depending upon what is needed by the instructor, and we support each course accordingly.
- Physical infrastructure: costs including network, servers, and software.
Even when a person is not physically on our campus accessing a course, many campus resources are used to make this possible. We do want people to be able to take and work on courses anywhere they have an Internet connection. This does require us to increase both the people and hardware/software support in order to make this possible.
- Basic Access Computers
- are available for use by all currently-enrolled students, staff, and faculty.
- Full Access Technology Fee
- Full access to a variety of resources including computer labs, virtualized software, online support, and flipped classroom technology enhancements.