You are here
How to Print (Black and White)
From a Lab Computer
Choose Print from the File menu, or press Control P (Windows) or Command (⌘) P (Mac).
From Your Device (laptop, tablet, phone) or From a Lab Computer
Attach what you want to print to an email (from your UMD email address)
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. No subject line is necessary.
- Upload it at your print center:
From Your Mobile Device
Use the Pharos Print app:
- Server mobileprint.d.umn.edu
- Port 443
How to Print (Color)
To print simple color 8½ by 11inch pages, from your device (laptop, tablet, phone) or from a lab computer:
- Attach what you want to print to an email (from your UMD email address).
- Send to email@example.com as an attachment. No subject line is necessary.
- Color printer is located in the library on the counter at the ITSS consultant station.
For complex color printing jobs, please consult the UMD Print Shop, Kirby Plaza 125.
In All Situations
- Receive an email when the job is ready to print (within a couple minutes).
- Have 2 options:
- Print the job at the printer by swiping your Ucard.
- Click the email link, which brings you to your personal print center. Print from there without swiping your card.
- Cost is deducted from your card automatically. For details please consult How to Pay.
- Jobs delete after two hours in the queue.
- You will only see your own print jobs in the queue.
The old method of installing printer and drivers on your device no longer works.
Paying for Printing
- Black and White: $.05 per page
- Color: $1 per page
How to Pay
Use your UCard to pay. You cannot print without money on your UCard. UMD cash cards are not accepted.
When you put money on your Ucard, there will be a delay before it is available for printing (up to 30 minutes).
Where to Pay
Put money on your Ucard at any cash-to-card machine.
- First floor library
- Kirby food court level by the ATMs
- Swenson Science Building by room 105 near the skywalk
|Engineering||Computer Lab, Room 204||engr204-1|
|James I. Swenson Science Building (JISSB)||office atrium||ssbatrium-1|
|Kathryn A. Martin Library||First Floor||lib150-1, lib150-2, and lib150-3|
|Kathryn A. Martin Library||Second Floor||lib250-1 and lib250-2|
|Kathryn A. Martin Library||Third Floor||Lib350-1|
|Kirby Plaza||Computer Lab, Room 143||kplz143-1|
|Kirby Plaza||ITSS TechCenter, Room 165||kplz165-1|
|Kirby Student Center||Info Desk||kscinfo-1|
|Kirby Student Center||Multicultural Center, Room 262||ksc262-1|
|Lake Superior Hall||Lobby||lsh-1|
|Marshall W Alworth Hall||Room 175||mwah175-1|
|Montague Hall||Computer Lab, Room 209||mon209-1|
|Solon Campus Center||Wedge Hallway||cctr41-1|
|Sports and Health Center||Jamar Lab, Room 162A||sphc162A-1|
|Sports and Health Center||Skating Rink, Room 195C||sphc195c-1|
|College or Department||Buliding||Location||Printer Name(s)|
|Civil Engineering||Swenson Civil Engineering Building (SCiv)||Room 224||sciv224-1|
|Computer Science||Heller Hall||Room 314||hh314-1|
|Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD)||Chester Park||Room 155||chpk155-1|
|Geology||Heller Hall||Room 108||hh108-1|
|Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE)||LSBE||Room 119||lsbe119-1|
|Pharmacy||Life Sciences||Room 162||pharmcommon-1|
|Pharmacy||Life Sciences||Room 216||pharmpclc-1|