With your UCard, you can check out equipment for classroom presentations and meetings at no cost. Equipment available at the TechCenter includes:
- Chromebook Carts
- Projectors (portable and on carts)
- Miscellaneous AV equipment (speakers, cabling, extension cord reels, etc.)
Equipment Checkout Guidelines
All checkout equipment is provided:
- For university-related purposes only (classroom presentations, meetings, coursework)
- For current student, faculty or staff members only
- Chromebooks may be checked out for general use for 24 hours.
- If you have a computer in for repair with ITSS, you may check out a Chromebook for the duration of your repair.
- Chromebooks are managed by ITSS for security, which means you will not be able to install apps or save files to the device.
- If the Chromebook is not returned on time, it will be remotely locked by ITSS.
Chromebook Carts (a rolling cart with 30 managed Chromebooks)
- Chromebook Carts are available for campus groups such as orientation, training, or classwork.
- You may bring the Chromebook Cart to your own space on campus but it may not be taken off campus.
- If reserved overnight, the Chromebook Cart must be stored in a secure location.
- Upon return, all Chromebooks must be replaced in the slots and plugged into chargers.
- Reservations are required and can be made by emailing [email protected]
Mobile Lecture Capture Cart
Faculty and staff can reserve a mobile lecture capture cart to use. It is equipped with:
- Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Camera with a hand-held remote for
- Zoom operations
- Boundary Microphone which can capture audio 25' away
The camera and microphone are connected to a laptop via two attached USB (Universal Serial Bus) cables. Some users may need to use a USB-C Hub.
The mobile lecture cart can be reserved in advance and checked out for a 24 hour period. Pickup and return to the Tech Center.
- Equipment is checked out as needed.
Digital and Video Cameras
- For digital and video camera checkout and return, visit the Multimedia Hub.