Equipment Checkout Guidelines
With your UCard, you can check out equipment for classroom presentations and meetings at no cost. Equipment available at the TechCenter includes:
- Chromebook Carts
- Projectors (portable and on carts)
- Miscellaneous AV equipment (speakers, cabling, extension cord reels, etc.)
- All MediaHub Equipment (digital videos and cameras, audio equipment, lighting equipment, etc.) is now available for checkout in the TechCenter.
All checkout equipment is provided for:
- University-related purposes only (classroom presentations, meetings, coursework)
- Current student, faculty, or staff members only
- Chromebooks may be checked out for general use for 24 hours.
- If you have a computer in for repair with ITSS, you may check out a Chromebook for the duration of your repair.
- Chromebooks are managed by ITSS for security, which means you will not be able to install apps or save files to the device.
- If the Chromebook is not returned on time, it will be remotely locked by ITSS.
Chromebook Carts (a rolling cart with 30 managed Chromebooks)
- Chromebook Carts are available for campus groups such as orientation, training, or classwork.
- You may bring the Chromebook Cart to your own space on campus but it may not be taken off campus.
- If reserved overnight, the Chromebook Cart must be stored in a secure location.
- Upon return, all Chromebooks must be replaced in the slots and plugged into chargers.
- Reservations are required and can be made by emailing [email protected].
Video Capture Cart
Faculty and staff can reserve reserve a mobile video lecture capture cart to use. The mobile cart can be reserved in advance and checked out for a 24 hour period. It is equipped with:
- Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Camera with a hand-held remote
- Boundary Microphone which can capture audio 25 feet away
The camera and microphone are connected to a laptop via USB cables. Some users may need to use a USB-C Hub, not included.
The cart can be picked up and returned to the Tech Center in Kiryb Plaza 165.
All equipment can be reserved in advance and online. Standard equipment rental duration for all MediaHub equipment is 3 days.