Equipment Checkout Guidelines
With your UCard, you can check out equipment for classroom presentations and meetings at no cost. Equipment available at the TechCenter includes:
- Chromebook Carts
- Projectors (portable and on carts)
- Miscellaneous AV equipment (speakers, cabling, extension cord reels, etc.)
All checkout equipment is provided:
- For university-related purposes only (classroom presentations, meetings, coursework)
- For current student, faculty, or staff members only
- Chromebooks may be checked out for general use for 24 hours.
- If you have a computer in for repair with ITSS, you may check out a Chromebook for the duration of your repair.
- Chromebooks are managed by ITSS for security, which means you will not be able to install apps or save files to the device.
- If the Chromebook is not returned on time, it will be remotely locked by ITSS.
Chromebook Carts (a rolling cart with 30 managed Chromebooks)
- Chromebook Carts are available for campus groups such as orientation, training, or classwork.
- You may bring the Chromebook Cart to your own space on campus but it may not be taken off campus.
- If reserved overnight, the Chromebook Cart must be stored in a secure location.
- Upon return, all Chromebooks must be replaced in the slots and plugged into chargers.
- Reservations are required and can be made by emailing [email protected]
Mobile Lecture Capture Cart
Faculty and staff can reserve a mobile lecture capture cart to use. The mobile lecture cart can be reserved in advance and checked out for a 24 hour period. It is equipped with:
- Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Camera with a hand-held remote
- Boundary Microphone which can capture audio 25' away
The camera and microphone are connected to a laptop via USB cables. Some users may need to use a USB-C Hub, not included.
The Cart can be picked up at the Tech Center. Returns can come to the TechCenter or Media Hub (Kathryn A. Martin Library 1st Floor).
Streaming Video Kit
Streaming Video Kit is available to be reserved by faculty, staff, and students. The kit can be used to host an online presentation or meeting via Zoom. The Streaming Video Kit consists of:
- A carrying case
- Web Camera
- MXL Boundary Microphone
- Small Tripod
- USB-C HUB
Basic instructions are included in the kit. Additional consultation can be request at [email protected]. The kit can be checked out and returned at the ITSS Media Hub in the Kathryn A. Martin Library (1st Floor).
- Equipment is checked out as needed. Contact our Classroom team at [email protected] to inquire.
Digital and Video Cameras
- For digital and video camera checkout and return, visit the Multimedia Hub.