Print queues have been set up in Active Directory for many network printers on campus. Below are details on how to add an AD printer to workstations that are also on AD.
If your printer is on the network but is not in the printer list, please contact the ITSS HelpDesk (x8847, [email protected]) and provide the following information:
- Printer network name (for example: kplz191-lw)
- Make and model of printer (for example: HP 4500N)
There are several ways to add a printer, but the following is the recommended method for a computer that has been added to Active Directory:
- If you are off campus, sign into UMD's VPN service.
- From the task bar, select the Search icon and in the location bar that opens, type:
- Press Enter and all available AD printers will be listed. Find the printer you want to add and double click it.
- The printer and driver should automatically install. If you are prompted for administrative credentials, enter them or contact the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk to request Elevated Rights.