Drupal Services at UMD
ITSS manages a hosted Drupal service for the UMD campus as part of the University's Drupal service. The UMD hosted service is tailored to meet the branding and themes for UMD, as established by University Marketing and Public Relations and by taking advantage of the Folwell Design System.
Managed Drupal sites are supported for UMD departments, colleges and administrative units. Individuals wishing to create a personal site should visit Personal Websites. Student groups are encouraged to use Bulldog Connect through the Kirby Student Center.
Requesting a Drupal site
To get started:
- Determine who will be your point person for the website.
- Contact the ITSS Help Desk ([email protected]) to request a site.
- Staff will schedule an initial consultation and work with you to schedule a content inventory/information architecture.
- You and your site liaison will work out a plan and start to build out the site.
For Drupal 101 training and drops-in options visit UMD Drupal & Website Support.
- Drupal 101 Training: This training covers the basic skills needed to add content to a UMD website that has been created in Drupal. The training session is intended for users that will be adding or editing content on their Drupal website. Topics include adding new pages, editing existing pages, formatting text, working with images, and adding links.
- Drupal Drops-ins: Weekly drop-in sessions are offered where any Drupal user can ask questions, get help with specific problems, or just share thoughts and ideas. Join the Drupal Users Group at UMD ([email protected]) for details.
Additional training, self-help guides, and tools:
- Folwell Design System - example sites and component how-tos.
- Drupal Lite 9: Create and Manage a Drupal Lite Site - Self Help Guide.