Guest and Summer Access
You are here
Guests can gain 24 hour access to wireless by registering their device on UMD-WiFi network:
- Connect your wireless device to UMD-WiFi.
- Open a web browser and register as a Guest in the captive portal page. You will be let on the network for 10 minutes during which you must confirm your registration.
- Within 10 minutes check your email and click the confirmation link. **If you do not complete this step, you will lose your connection after 10 minutes**
- Your device is allowed Guest access for 24 hours.
Presenters, conference attendees, and other official University guests should use one of the following options for accessing wireless:
- Request Short-term Sponsored Accounts
- Request Extended-term Sponsored Accounts
- Sponsor Conference guests
For more information or to request these accounts, please visit: Guest Access.
Guest computers in library
The majority of the computers in the library require authentication with a University Internet ID and password. However, a limited number of computers are configured and labeled for community users as well as students, on a first come first served basis. For details, see Access to Computers in the Library.
Summer Residents (residence halls and apartments)
Free guest wireless access is available in the residence halls and apartments. Summer residents can register a device for UMD-WiFi using the process described above. Guest registration on UMD-WiFi is valid for 24 hours. Please note that:
- UMD is beginning a major campus network upgrade this summer. There may be minor network outages during the upgrade and you may be notified to adjust your network access.
- Accommodations for medical devices can be made on request. Please contact the ITSS Help Desk at 218-726-8847.
For general questions about access, please contact:
Sarah (Hunter) Debevec
149 Lake Superior Hall