Guest and Summer Access
Network and Wireless
You are here
Guests can gain 24 hour access to wireless by registering their device on UMD-WiFi network:
- Connect your wireless device to UMD-WiFi.
- Open a web browser and register as a Guest in the captive portal page. You will be let on the network for 10 minutes during which you must confirm your registration.
- Within 10 minutes check your email and click the confirmation link.
- Your device is allowed Guest access for 24 hours.
Presenters, conference attendees, and other official University guests should use one of the following options for accessing wireless:
- Request Short-term Sponsored Accounts
- Request Extended-term Sponsored Accounts
- Sponsor Conference guests
For more information or to request these accounts, please visit: Guest Access.
Guest computers in library
The majority of the computers in the library require authentication with a University Internet ID and password. However, a limited number of computers are configured and labeled for community users as well as students, on a first come first served basis. For details, see Access to Computers in the Library.
Summer Residents (residence halls and apartments)
Summer residents can register a device for UMD-WiFi using the process described above. Registration is valid through the summer months. If you need wired access or access for devices without a web browser, please contact the TechCenter for details and current rates.