Guest and Summer Access
You are here
Guests can gain 24 hour access to wireless by registering their device on UMD-WiFi network:
- Connect your wireless device to UMD-WiFi.
- Open a web browser and register as a Guest in the captive portal page. You will be let on the network for 10 minutes during which you must confirm your registration.
- Within 10 minutes check your email and click the confirmation link. **If you do not complete this step, you will lose your connection after 10 minutes**
- Your device is allowed Guest access for 24 hours.
Presenters, conference attendees, and other official University guests should use one of the following options for accessing wireless:
- Request Short-term Sponsored Accounts
- Request Extended-term Sponsored Accounts
- Sponsor Conference guests
For more information or to request these accounts, please visit: Guest Access.
The majority of the computers in the library require authentication with a University Internet ID and password. However, a limited number of computers are configured and labeled for community users as well as students, on a first come first served basis. For details, see Access to Computers in the Library.
Free guest wireless access is available in the residence halls and apartments. Summer residents can register a device for UMD-WiFi using the process described above. Guest registration on UMD-WiFi is valid for 24 hours. Please note that:
- UMD is beginning a major campus network upgrade this summer. There may be minor network outages during the upgrade and you may be notified to adjust your network access.
- Accommodations for medical devices can be made on request. Please contact the ITSS Help Desk at 218-726-8847.
For general questions about access, please contact:
Sarah (Hunter) Debevec
149 Lake Superior Hall