SPSS Site License for Students
You are here
UMD students are eligible for SPSS under the extended UMD Student Site License. The UMD Student Site License is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers and provides the following modules:
- SPSS Base
- Advanced Models
- Regression Models and Tables
Cost and Availability
If you are a student (undergrad or gradudate) in CEHSP, CLA or LSBE, you can download your copy of SPSS from the ITSS web site at no cost (the collegiate units have paid the license for these students). All other students may purchase SPSS at reduced cost by visiting the ITSS TechCenter in Kplz 165.
- Uninstall any previous versions of SPSS on your computer.
- Go to UMD SPSS Software to download the software. If the site informs you that you are not eligible to download, see the section above on Cost and Availability.
- On the "Select Operating System" page, select the version of SPSS you need and then click the Submit button.
- On the "Downloading" page, select "Click here to download..." link. Save the installer to your computer. Note the name and location of the saved file.
- After you have successfully downloaded SPSS, check your email for a message from "email@example.com." This email will contain a Authorization Code which you will need.
- Run the installer. On Windows, it will be named similar to "SPSS_Statistics_24_win64.exe". On a Mac, first open the disk image file "SPSS_Statistics_64_Mac.dmg", then open the disk to find the installer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install SPSS with the default selections.
- When done, run SPSS. You will be prompted to license the software. Choose "License Product".
- If you are not prompted to license now, if you receive an error, or if you are seeing question marks in the cells instead of what you typed, close SPSS and search to run the SPSS Licence Authorization Wizard manually.
- SPSS will close and the SPSS License Authorization Wizard will open. Proceed through the wizard. Select “Authorized user license.”
- Copy/Paste in the Authorization Code from the email you received. Note that the Authorization Code must match the version that you are installing. If you are updating SPSS, be sure you are using the code from the most recent email for the newer version.
- The wizard will authorize over the internet.
- Continue to close the wizard. Re-open SPSS to start using it.
Where can I get help?
For questions or problems downloading or installing SPSS:
ITSS Help Desk / TechCenter
Kirby Plaza 165
For questions about performing a particular task or analysis in SPSS:
SPSS Technical Support