You are here
Characteristics of a Successful eClass Participant
Training and Workshops
- Open minded and willing to participate in their learning experience. An online student must assume an active role in their own learning process and understand that this is an important characteristic necessary to succeed.
- Comfortable communicating through writing. Virtually all communication in the online classroom occurs in writing and it is important that online students are willing to express themselves in writing.
- Willing to share experiences as part of the learning process.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. While online classes provide students with the convenience and flexibility to attend eClasses from almost anywhere, there is an added level of student responsibility to maintain the pace of the course work and to complete assignments on time.
- Trusting of the online learning experience. To be successful an eClass student is aware that high quality learning can occur outside of the traditional classroom.