COVID Guidelines for the 1:Button Studio
- Studio capacities are restricted to one person to comply with the University of Minnesota's safe physical distancing guidelines for COVID-19.
- Users are not required to wear a mask in the studio once the door is closed. Signage will remind you to re-mask before leaving.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided to users for disinfecting the studio before and after each use.
Users are expected to follow applicable University Library Policies and University of Minnesota policies, including the Student Code of Conduct.
Three Easy Steps:
The University of Minnesota Duluth campus has two options for academic video production: a 1:Button Studio and a 1:Button/Learning Glass Studio.
- The 1:Button Studio is located in Kirby Plaza, KPlz 174.
- The 1:Button/Learning Glass Studio is located in Kathryn A. Martin Library, KAML 142.
Both 1:Button Studios are fully automated high-definition video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without any knowledge of lights and cameras. These studios make a great option for academic video production with a sense of ease.
1. Reserve the Space Online and Checkout the Key
Book your time in a 1:Button Studio. The key is available to checkout at the Media Hub checkout counter.
2. Record Your Video
Students, Faculty and Staff can record a person seated at a table, and content from a laptop or other device with HDMI output can be recorded simultaneously. Watch the following video to learn how to use the studio. A video with Audio Description is available.
3. Receive Your Recordings
Once you are done with your recording, you will receive an email with links to 4 different views (all with audio) of your recording:
- Camera only
- Laptop or other device only
- Side-by-side camera and device
- Device with small picture-in-picture of camera
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" Video (without Audio Description)
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" Video (with Audio Description)
Instructions for activating the Audio Description (AD):
- Press play on the video.
- Press the AD icon to turn description on and off.
- Press the AD sliders icon to equalize the volume.
- Press the AD volume icon to mute AD.
- Use the AD volume slider to change the volume of the description independently from the volume of the YouTube video.
- Use the YouTube volume slider to change the volume of the background music or use the YouTube mute button to mute it.
- For more information on AD visit Audio Description Service.