1:Button Studios are fully automated high-definition video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without the user needing any knowledge of lights, microphones, and cameras. These studios can make academic video production easy.
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" (Video without Audio Description)
A What is the 1:Button Studio?" Video with Audio Description is also available.
The University of Minnesota Duluth campus offers two 1:Button Studios.
- Kirby Plaza 174 hosts a standard 1:Button Studio features a camera, lighting, and monitor system.
- Kathryn A. Martin Library 142 has a 1:Button/Learning Glass Studio
1. Reserve a studio Online and pick up the key
- Reservation Calendar for One Button Studio in Kirby Plaza 174. The key for Kirby Plaza 174 is available at the Hub Checkout located in the TechCenter in Kirby Plaza 165.
- Reservation Calendar for One Button Studio at KAML 142. The key for KAML 142 is located at the first-floor Library Service Desk.
3. Record Your Video
Students, faculty, and staff can record themselves and content displayed on a laptop .
4. Receive Your Recordings
Once you are done with your recording, an email is automatically created and sent. The email provides links to video content in four different formats
- Camera only
- Laptop or other device only
- Side-by-side camera and device
- Device with small picture-in-picture of camera
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" (Video with Audio Description)
Instructions for activating the Audio Description (AD):
- Press play on the video.
- Press the AD icon to turn description on and off.
- Press the AD sliders icon to equalize the volume.
- Press the AD volume icon to mute AD.
- Use the AD volume slider to change the volume of the description independently from the volume of the YouTube video.
- Use the YouTube volume slider to change the volume of the background music or use the YouTube mute button to mute it.
- For more information on AD visit Audio Description Service.