1:Button Studio, Automated Video Recording Space
You are here
The University of Minnesota's 1:Button Studios are fully automated high-definition video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without any knowledge of lights and cameras.
Three Easy Steps:
1. Reserve the Space.
Duluth's 1:Button Studio is located in Kirby Plaza 174. Reservations for the studio are made through the Kirby Student Center online reservation system, and the key is picked up from and returned to the Kirby Info desk located in the Kirby Lounge. 1:Button studio hours match Kirby Info desk hours.
2. Record Your Video.
Students, Faculty and Staff can record up to 2 people seated at a table, and content from a laptop or other device with HDMI output can be recorded simultaneously. Watch the following video to learn how to use the studio. The video with Audio Description is available.
3. Receive Your Recordings.
Once you are done with your recording, you will receive an email with links to 4 different views (all with audio) of your recording:
- Camera only
- Laptop or other device only
- Side-by-side camera and device
- Device with small picture-in-picture of camera
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" Video (without Audio Description)
"What is the 1:Button Studio?" Video (with Audio Description)
Instructions for activating the Audio Description (AD):
- Press play on the video.
- Press the AD icon to turn description on and off.
- Press the AD sliders icon to equalize the volume.
- Press the AD volume icon to mute AD.
- Use the AD volume slider to change the volume of the description independently from the volume of the YouTube video.
- Use the YouTube volume slider to change the volume of the background music or use the YouTube mute button to mute it.
- For more information on AD visit Audio Description Service.