ITSS offers student support both in person and online for students having technology or administrative issues with their courses.
ITSS does not offer TA services, but we can help troubleshoot as you:
- Utilize course-related tools like Canvas, Kaltura, or Google Apps to submit course assignments and multimedia projects
- Install University-required software
- Seek access to University resources (especially if you are unable to come to campus)
UMN System Help is Always Available
Within Canvas, click on the Help icon on the lower left of the Global navigation bar (the maroon bar on the left). The phone and chat options are available 24/7. UMN system support is available for all of our system-wide services (Canvas, Google, Kaltura, etc).
You can also contact Twin Cities Technology Help via a variety of options listed on their website.
ITSS TechCenter and Help Desk
ITSS Help Desk staff are also able to assist with or escalate questions about University-supported academic technologies including but not limited to Canvas, Kaltura, and Zoom.
- Email [email protected]. Please include a detailed description of your need, including the course indicator, number, and section (i.e. WRIT 1000-001), and/or a link to the Canvas page you are on if your question is about Canvas.
- Call (218) 726-8847. Available 24 hours per day, this number will have the option to transfer to UMN Twin Cities Technology Help when the UMD ITSS Help Desk is closed.
- Visit in person at Kirby Plaza 165 during TechCenter Hours.
If ITSS front-line staff are unable to resolve your issue they will create a ticket (a way to track the issue within the University) and escalate it to the appropriate staff members.