ITSS offers student support both in person and online for students having technology or administrative issues with their courses.
ITSS does not offer TA services, but we can help troubleshoot as you:
- Utilize course-related tools like Canvas, Kaltura, or Google Apps to submit course assignments and multimedia projects
- Install University-required software
- Seek access to University resources (especially if you are unable to come to campus)
Academic Technology Assistants
ITSS Academic Technology Assistants are student staff who have received specific training in using Canvas, Kaltura, and Zoom, as well as some other academic technology tools.
- Email [email protected]. Please include the course name and number, as well as a general description of your need.
- Call (218) 726-8862. Our AT Assistants are staffed 9 - 5 pm, Monday - Friday during the semester.
- Visit the AT Assist desk in person on the Library 1st Floor Desk, between the ITSS Consultant and The Hub.
UMN System Help is Always Available
Within Canvas, click on the Help icon on the lower left of the Global navigation bar (the maroon bar on the left). The phone and chat options are available 24/7. UMN system support is available for all our system-wide services (Canvas, Google, Kaltura, etc).
ITSS TechCenter and Help Desk
If your question is about your student email account, your computer itself, or technical problems using campus IT services like wifi or printing, please contact the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk, and they will be able to assist you.
- Email [email protected]. Please include a detailed description of your need.
- Call (218) 726-8847. Available 24 hours per day, this number will have the option to transfer to UMN Twin Cities Technology Help when the UMD ITSS Help Desk is closed.
- Visit in person at Kirby Plaza 165 during TechCenter Hours.
If ITSS front-line staff are unable to resolve your issue they will create a ticket (a way to track the issue within ITSS) and escalate it to the appropriate staff members.