New in Fall 2020! The Media Hub has moved from the second floor to the first floor of the Kathryn A. Martin Library (KAML). In addition to the Media Hub equipment checkout counter which lends audio, video, and photography equipment for academic and research purposes, we have gained new design and production spaces including:
- Equipment Checkout Corner (new location)
- Tech Lounge
- Production room
- Mac Lab
- 1:Button/Learning Glass Studio
Design and Production Spaces
Equipment Checkout Counter
Located at the end of the KAML circulation desk
- Checkout counter with audio, video, and photography equipment available to borrow for academic use.
- Open for media equipment rental to staff, faculty and students.
- Services: Contactless equipment checkout/in, captioning service requests.
Tech Lounge, KAML 121
Modified for safe social distancing due to COVID-19. The KAML 121 Tech Lounge is a space to test out new technology, with comfortable work space for small group media collaborations with flexible seating.
- Open with limited capacity
- Mac computers are available for online reservations to book individual computers for work time.
- Open Epson V600 scanners are available for online reservations to book for individual work time at a scanner.
- Assistive Technology, available for online reservations to book for individual work time.
Production Room, KAML 119
Production equipment including audio production, sound recording booth, photography & video backdrop/production area.
- Open LinkedIn headshot photos, online booking by appointment only with 24 hours advanced notice.
- Socially distanced
Mac Lab Full Classroom with Macs, KAML 115
Note: Fall 2020 closed for course/community use.
- Closed for Fall semester to courses or community use.
- Will house Academic Technology student staff for Fall 2020.
- No in-person workshops or events will be hosted.
1:Button/Learning Glass Studio, KAML 142
1:Button production space for instructors to create simple instructional media. For more Learning Glass Studio information on producing simple learning videos and instructional media check out the example video and Learning Glass for webinars.
- Under Construction
- Opening and Hours: To be Announced.
- Key will be available to checkout at the Media Hub checkout counter.
1:Button Studio, Kirby Plaza 174
1:Button production space for instructors to create simple instructional media.
- Open for use.
- Key is available to checkout at the Media Hub checkout counter.