Help cut down on phishing activities by reporting them to the University.
What is Phishing?
A phishing email is one that appears legitimate but is a scam. It is tries to fool you into providing private information, visiting a fraudulent website, opening an infected attachment, etc.
How Do I Report It?
As stated at Scam Examples and Security Advisories:
If you receive a phishing scam to your University email address, forward it to us at [email protected], and include complete headers. (Note: If you have difficulty forwarding a phishing message, send a summary of the email, including the sender and subject to [email protected].)
University Information Security will:
- Block the return email addresses
- Notify a website's administrators if a website is used to collect replies
- Block access from the U network to the website
- Notify other schools
- Tune our rules that flag email as spam
- Practice Safe Computing
- Information Security Awareness Topics
- University IT Policies:
- Learn how to report information security issues