ITSS provides web hosting and content management support to the UMD campus through a variety of tools and options, depending on the site and user needs.
- Department & Unit sites
- Drupal web sites are provided on request to all University departments and units. A full array of content management support is available through specialized Drupal training sessions, weekly Drupal User and Tech Groups, extensive online documentation, and one-to-one support.
- Personal sites
- Current students, faculty and staff have two options for personal sites:
- Google Sites are available through your University Google account and are the recommended option. Content management support is provided through specialized group training, Help Desk support, and online documentation.
- www.d.umn.edu/~/ sites are available on request and are primarily intended to support course work at UMD as needed. ITSS provides support for the Self Service tool only; users are responsible for building, securing, and maintaining their site.
- Student organization sites
- Student organizations are encouraged to include their site in the Bulldog Connect. Google Sites are also an option for any UMD student organization through their University Google account. Limited user support is available for these student web sites, so groups should be sure they have members who have the technical skills to build and support a Google site before selecting this option.
To assist campus users in creating and maintaining their own web presence, we have put together the following resources:
- Drupal Users Group/Drupal Tech Group
- ITSS sponsors two Drupal groups to assist the campus with site building and maintenance. The Tech Group is geared for site admins and is more technical in nature. The Users Group is for anyone who is actively updating or adding pages to an existing Drupal site.
- Online Web Training Documents
- Online versions of ITSS training sessions for Accessibility, Graphic Image Editing, Using the UMD Streaming Server, and more.
- Web Design References and Webdev Newsletter
- Extensive collection of references for all things relating to the web. Subscribe to the Webdev Newsletter to receive an email digest of updates to the web site.
- Web Accessibility Overview
- Find out the "what", "who", "why", "how" and "when" of web accessibility.