You are here
ITSS Service Requests
For your convenience, ITSS has created web forms for our most frequently requested services. If you do not see a form for your particular request in this list, please call the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk (218-726-8847) for personal assistance.
Active Directory (AD) Services
- Elevate Access Rights
- Request admin access to install software or hardware on your Windows computer that is enrolled in Active Directory. Specify "temporary" or "permanent" in the description.
- File Storage / Access to Shared Folders
- Request access to a shared department folder.
Request a personal folder for yourself.
- Data Records Requests
- Request data from the University's data warehouse (lists, labels, reports).
- Document Scanning / ImageNow
- Request support for scanning your office documents into an electronic format.
- Mass Email
- Request a mass email list for University business.
Internet Accounts and Passwords
- Personal Internet ID (email)
- A personal Internet ID is assigned automatically to students when they confirm their registration at the University, and to faculty and staff when they are on the University payroll.
- Call the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk at 218-726-8847 for password assistance.
- Department / Functional Email Accounts
- Departmental email accounts (Internet ID and email) can be created for any official U of M organization (department, division, laboratory, office, committee, research project, etc.) or function (for example the front desk of a department). Departmental accounts should be used only for official organization business and should be monitored on a regular basis by an organizational contact person.
- Sponsored Account
- Departments may sponsor an Internet account for visiting colleagues and collaborators from external institutions and organizations. You also can elect to grant them access to UMN Active Directory.
- Change Email Domain to Duluth (@d.umn.edu)
- When a University of Minnesota affiliated student, staff or faculty member transfers to a new UMN campus they must request that their Google Apps domain be transferred. Completing this form initiates that process.
- Google Group (Official or Personal)
- Official University groups are limited to University staff and faculty to conduct official University business. Some examples are departmental lists and official student organizations.
- Personal groups are available to everyone at the University, and can be used for any number of reasons, including study groups, social clubs or family lists.
- Google Course Group (formerly Class Alias)
- This also allows instructors to send email to a single address which is expanded to go to every student who is registered for the class.
- Network Printers
- Add a new printer to the network or move an existing network printer. (For printer troubleshooting, please contact the HelpDesk.)
Phone and Network Services
- Network Service
- Request new ethernet network services or repairs, including port activation.
- Telephone Service
- Request new or updated telephone services or repairs, including voicemail password resets.
- Video Conference Request
- Request a Video Conference session on campus.