ITSS Service Requests
You are here
For your convenience, ITSS has created web forms for our most frequently requested services. If you do not see a form for your particular request in this list, please call the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk (218-726-8847) for personal assistance.
Active Directory (AD) Services
- Elevate Access Rights
- Request temporary admin access to install software or hardware on an Active Directory workstation.
- File Storage / Access to Shared Folders
- Request a personal folder for yourself OR request access to a shared department folder.
- Data, lists, labels, and electronic files
- Request data from the University's data warehouse (lists, labels, reports).
- Document imaging/scanning
- Request document imaging support for scanning your office documents into an electronic form.
- Mass email
- Request a mass email list for University business.
Internet Accounts and Passwords
- Personal Internet ID (email)
- A personal Internet ID is assigned automatically to students when they confirm their registration at the University, and to faculty and staff when they are on the University payroll.
- Call the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk at 218-726-8847 for password assistance.
- Department/Functional Email Accounts
- Departmental email accounts (Internet ID and email) will be created for any official U of M organization (department, division, laboratory, office, committee, research project, etc.) or function (for example, the webmaster or front desk of a department). Departmental accounts should be used only for official organization business and should be monitored on a regular basis by an organizational contact person.
- Sponsored Account
- Departments may sponsor an Internet account for visiting colleagues and collaborators from external institutions and organizations. You also can elect to grant them access to UMN Active Directory and/or NetFiles.
- Change email domain to Duluth
- When a University of Minnesota affiliated student, staff or faculty member transfers to a new UMN campus they must request that their Google Apps domain be transferred. Completing this form initiates that process and should be completed by the user transferring campuses.
- Google Group (Official or Personal)
- Official University groups are limited to University staff and faculty, to conduct official University business. Some examples are departmental lists, class lists and official student organizations.
- Personal groups are available to everyone at the University, and can be used for any number of reasons, including study groups, social clubs or family lists.
- Google Course Group (formerly Class Alias)
- A Google Course Group help students connect, access course information, and communicate effectively over email and on the web. This also allows instructors to send email to a single address which is expanded to go to every student who is registered for the class.
Add a new printer to the network or move an existing network printer. (For printer troubleshooting, please contact the Help Desk.)
ITV, Phone and Network Services
- ITV session
- Schedule on ITV session on campus.
- Network/wireless service
- Request new or updated network service.
- Telephone service
- Request new or updated telephone service.