Technical Support: Call-in, Walk-in and Check-in
The ITSS TechCenter in Kirby Plaza 165 combines our services for Help Desk, technical support, computer repair, equipment checkout, and classroom and computer lab support into one area. The TechCenter is open during University business hours and extended evening hours during the semester (see TechCenter Hours for details).
The TechCenter provides three types of technical support:
Call-in service: 218-726-8847
The TechCenter HelpDesk staff are ready to take your calls! Call to report any type of technology problem - if they can't fix it while you're on the phone, they'll ticket it and an ITSS staff person will get back to you. Call-in service is available 24x7, but may be limited in scope when the TechCenter is closed.
Walk-in service: KPLz 165
Free 15-minute front counter support for basic technology questions and services, provided to anyone with a valid University ID / email account.
- account or password issues
- email problems
- virus/spyware self-service scans (tools provided to customer and customer runs scan)
- mobile computing questions
- basic software questions
- initial hardware diagnostics
- computer or game console registration
- advice on computer purchases
- wireless assistance
Check-in service: KPLz 165
Fee-based computer repair service for more advanced problems that require more than 15 minutes to resolve and/or require special diagnostic tools or hardware repairs. Available for all University-owned devices and personal computers of current students.
- virus/spyware removal (scans run by ITSS staff)
- OS upgrade or reinstall
- all hardware upgrades or repairs
- all warranty repair work (Apple, HP and CPS)
- data backup and restore
- secure data deletion (required before disposing of University-owned computers)
- data recovery from damaged hard drives
Call for an estimate or see TechCenter Service Tiers & Rates for our current rates and services.