Media Hub offers equipment checkout including audio, video and photography equipment. Our new equipment checkout location is on the first floor of the Kathryn A. Martin Library at the end of the circulation desk.
Media Hub Equipment
The Media Hub offers media equipment checkout to all students, staff, and faculty. Our inventory includes equipment for audio, photography, and videography.
Equipment Check Out
Press the button below to reserve your equipment.
- We will be in contact with you after we receive your request.
- Please allow 1-2 business days to process your equipment request.
- Standard equipment rental is 7 days.
- Note: If you are an instructor and would like to have your students utilize media equipment for extended term projects, please use the reserve equipment button to notify us of your course needs.
If you have questions about reserving any equipment, please email [email protected] for a consultation.
Borrower Agreement and Check Out Return
The equipment I am checking out is being used for university purposes (coursework or official business). I agree to return this equipment in its current condition by the date listed. If I don't return this equipment on time, I acknowledge these consequences:
- My student account may be billed for replacement cost.
- A formal report of theft may be filed with the UMD Police Dept.
- I may lose checkout privileges.
If the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged in my possession, I authorize UMD ITSS to charge my student account for the cost of replacement or repairing the equipment. For faculty and staff your department may be charged.
One extension of rental is offered, contact the Hub to avoid any late charges being filed. Customers are responsible for the items checked out to them. Please check your confirmation emails for accuracy of your transactions.
- Please plan how you will return the equipment when you checkout media equipment.
- On campus, returns can be made by placing items in the Return Bin at the Hub Equipment Checkout Counter.
- Please email [email protected] if you would like to discuss other return options.